- Surgical masks – loose fitting. They are designed to protect the patient from the doctors’ respiratory droplets. The wearer is not protected from others airborne particles
- People do not wear masks properly. Most people have the mask under the nose. The wearer does not have glasses on and the eyes are a portal of entry.
- The designer masks and scarves offer minimal protection – they give a false sense of security to both the wearer and those around the wearer.
**Not to mention they add a perverse lightheartedness to the situation.
- If you are walking alone, no mask – avoid folks – that is common sense.
- Remember – children under 2 should not wear masks – accidental suffocation and difficulty breathing in some
- If wearing a mask makes people go out and get Vitamin D – go for it. In the 1918 flu pandemic people who went outside did better. Early reports are showing people with COVID-19 with low Vitamin D do worse than those with normal levels. Perhaps that is why shut-ins do so poorly.
Read it here: Mask Facts
For another study comprehensive study, please see: Masks Don’t Work: A Review of Science Relevant to COVID-19 Social Policy
Here is some additional information by way of a video of a Canadian worker using a test for oxygen deprivation: